Today at STYLEanthropy, we’re talking about the benefits of drinking Green Tea! I personally recommend drinking it everyday. I have been a big enthusiast of green tea ever since I can’t remember. I’ve always loved its taste – from those ready-to-drink bottles, herbal green teas, all the way to the hot or cold teas you can order at your local cafe. Aside from the green tea drinks, I also love green tea-flavored food. For example, I love green tea ice cream, mochi, chocolate and even cakes among others. But today, we’re talking about how drinking it will benefit you health- and beauty-wise.
The Benefits of Drinking Green Tea
- Helps Prevent Cancer. Green tea’s antioxidants called polyphenols help in keeping away cancer cells in the body. Studies show people regularly drinking green tea reduce their risk of breast, colon, esophagus, stomach or prostate cancer.
- Maintain Blood Pressure. Again, the polyphenols, especially the ECGC (you’ve probably heard it in a Snapple commercial before), help keep blood vessels from contracting and raising blood pressure. Half a cup a day decreases your risk of hypertension by 50%.
- Helps Prevent Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s Disease. For at least two cups a day, you can keep your brain from becoming fuzzy. The antioxidants fight free-radical damage to brain nerves.
- Stay Young. I’m not talking about staying young forever. But it helps fight plaque build-up in the blood vessels. The younger and healthier your arteries are, the younger and healthier you are as well. Drink 10 ounces a day to avoid absorbing artery-clogging fat and cholesterol.
- Lose Weight. It also speed’s up the calorie-burning process of the body. That’s why this tea is common in diet regimens.
- Soothe Your Skin. For cuts, scrapes, bites, swelling, blemishes, sunburns, puffy eyelids, and itching, soak cotton in green tea and press onto affected area. It is also an antiseptic, which helps block sun-triggered skin cancer.
Those are just some of the benefits of this healthy drink. So if I were you, drink up! I usually drink 2-3 cups a day, without sugar. Also, drink your green tea preferably after meals.
STYLEanthropists, do you like to drink green tea? Stay healthy!