Today at STYLEanthropy, we dine in style with this Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe. Making this reminds me of my childhood. Studying in a Catholic school, there were no meat dishes to be found in our school’s canteen during Holy Week. But I didn’t mind it at all because they served this delicious Fettuccine with mushrooms instead of bacon or ham. I felt like cheating because I didn’t feel the Holy Week abstinence at all. Olive Garden’s Fettuccine Alfredo sauce tastes exactly like that creamy sauce from our school cafeteria. I’m so glad to have found this recipe direct from Olive Garden.
Let’s get cooking!
Photo Credit: Olive Garden
STYLEanthropists, always remember to dine in style. Hope you enjoy this Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo recipe!
- 1 lb Fettuccine pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 tsp Butter, unsalted
- 2 tsp Fresh garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ lb Proscuitto ham, sliced very thin then dice medium
- ½ cup Green peas, thawed, optional
- 3 cups Alfredo sauce, well stirred
- 1½ cups White milk
- 1½ cups Heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup Romano Cheese, grated
- 6 Egg yolks, fresh jumbo eggs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Begin making the Alfredo sauce. First, heat the milk and cream in a heavy bottom saucepan until it comes to a simmer.
- Slowly whip in all the cheese, then remove from heat. Milk will clump when over-cooked or cooked in high heat. So be careful with the temperature.
- In a separate bowl, place the egg yolks and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture.
- Slowly add the egg yolk mixture back into the remaining cream mixture. This will increase the temperature of the egg yolks which is called tempering. You don't want to cook the eggs to look like scrambled. So we are carefully cooking it with hot milk and cream.
- Season to taste with the salt and fresh cracked black pepper. If you're not using it right away, you can refrigerate the sauce until needed. Otherwise, proceed with the next steps.
- Place a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add butter, garlic, herbs and proscuitto and cook until the ingredients are hot.
- Add the pasta and the Alfredo Sauce and stir until the sauce thickens to the desired consistency.
- Toss in the peas if using, and stir and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.