Today at STYLEanthropy at Home, let’s take your summer entertaining skills up a notch with these Octo Hotdogs recipe. What? Octohotdogs? Octopus hotdogs? Octopus-shaped hotdogs! Basically, they’re just corn dogs but shaped like an octopus. They are perfect for your backyard BBQ’s, pool parties, picnics and more. Let’s begin, shall we?
I saw a video from Buzzfeed’s Tasty featuring something like these. And I thought I’d make something like them but revise the recipe to be simpler and easier. All it takes is your favorite pancake batter and your favorite hotdogs. Check the recipe below.
Octo Hotdogs Recipe
- ½ cup Aunt Jemima's pancake mix (or your favorite pancake mix)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 pack Hotdogs (8-10 pieces)
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix your pancake mix and water to create the batter. Set aside.
- Cut your hotdogs in half. If you want shorter octodogs, you can cut ⅓.
- Cut the tentacles by slicing half-way through the hotdogs. Cut 8 legs or tentacles. Watch video for reference.
- Now dip the top or head of the hotdogs into the batter. Swirl or rotate the hotdog while you dip it, so the batter will stick to the hotdog properly. Swirl it as you remove the hotdog from the batter to keep the batter in tact.
- Now deep fry the coated hotdogs in a prepared deep fryer (or small pot with hot oil).
- Remove the hotdogs when the head turns golden brown.
Wasn’t that recipe so easy? Wanna see how these Octo Hotdogs were made in action? I created a video for y’all to watch!
Love this recipe? Then save, bookmark or pin the photo below for your next summer or ocean-themed party!
Thanks for stopping by Home at STYLEanthropy today. Stay tuned for the winner of our Allerease Allergen Barrier Bedding giveaway next. And, happy Father’s Day to all the Super Dads out there! XO.