This Entertaining with Frozen Custard shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FrozenCustardTime #CollectiveBias
We are on our way to bright and warmer weather guys! That means it’s time to get out of hibernation. That also means parties here and there. If you are planning to host a party and looking for cool desserts to serve, I’m here to share with you a fun idea. How about setting up a Mix and Match Toppings and Cups Dessert Bar? I thought it would be a fun way to serve dessert after discovering the new EDY’s® Frozen Custard.
The new EDY’s® Frozen Custard is ice cream’s creamier cousin! It’s made of fresh milk and is extra thick and creamy. I chose the Old Fashioned Vanilla flavor because I know I can add a variety of toppings to it. But I also got a Strawberry Shortcake because, well, I love strawberries! There are other varieties such as Chocolate Malt, Mint Cookies N’ Cream and Peanut Butter Pie among others. So choose your guests’ favorite flavors and have them ready for your next party! Now let’s get to setting up our dessert bar, shall we?
Create a Mix and Match Toppings and Cups Dessert Bar
- As you can see above, use a tray or serving dish to serve your Frozen Custard. Add in some ice cubes so it stays cool. You can also use a beverage tub or a big serving bowl, depending on how many tubs of Frozen Custard you are serving.
- Next, set up a toppings plate. Choose your favorite toppings and place them in small cups or ramekins. Then, place them on top of a cake stand or if you have a Lazy Susan, even better. Don’t forget your serving spoons.
- Now, prepare a variety of cups to serve your Frozen Custard in. I have glass dessert cups, ice cream cones and some chocolate bowls. The caterpillar grapes were added for fun. They can make tasty toppings or pairings too, but at the same time, adds a fun edible decoration to my table.
- In case you were wondering about the chocolate cups, they are easy to make.
- Simply chop a 4-6 oz baking chocolate and put in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat for 1-2 minutes with 50% power, until melted.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons into a silicon cupcake mold and swirl to cover all the sides. You can use a silicon brush or spatula to spread the chocolate all over the cupcake mold.
- When completely covered, refrigerate for about an hour or overnight, until it’s set.
- Separate the edge of the cupcake mold from the chocolate.
- Roll down the silicon cupcake mold gently to reveal your chocolate cup!
With a variety of toppings and cups, everyone can enjoy Frozen Custard just the way they like it.
Do you like yours in a cup, cone or chocolate bowl?
Trust me, the new EDY’s® Frozen Custard is really delicious, you’re gonna want to try it out. But don’t take my word for it. Try it at Walmart. There will be demos across the country from March 26 to 29. So you can taste it first. You can check here to see which Walmart stores near you will be participating. And when you do, let me know how you like it!
For more fun ideas, promos and the latest updates, please check out EDY’s® Facebook and EDY’s® Pinterest. Hope you enjoyed this Mix and Match Toppings and Cups Dessert Bar idea. Let me know if you recreate this at your next party and share what toppings you use! Now excuse me as I finish my frozen custard. Xo.