So late last year (hides my face in shame), I posted a photo of a fruit crepe that I made that night. Someone asked if it was easy to make and I sure told her it was. I also promised a recipe. And umm… a couple months have passed, and I have yet to post the recipe until now (hides my whole body in shame – so sorry). So finally, here it is. The thing is, I took some photos way, way, way back… and then our external hard drive took a hit and I lost thousands of photos (sniff) including those of this crepe. I was going to use it for this recipe post. But oh well. Luckily, I found this SINGLE photo in one of my old posts. So if you are ready to make some crepes, the recipe is below.
Fruit Crepe Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Your favorite fruits, I like to use a mix of sliced peaches and mangoes, but you can also use:
- mixed berries
- apple pie filling or caramelized apples
- other fruit pie fillings like cherry, blueberry, etc.
- Nutella (add on to fruits)
- Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate, Strawberry or Caramel syrup (like Hershey’s)
- Fresh fruits like strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Melon or Honey Dew balls
- Your favorite nuts like pecans, walnuts, etc.
- Powdered sugar
- To make the crepe, in a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until very smooth. It should be a very thin batter so you’ll be able to spread the crepe mixture easily onto your pan.
- Since I don’t have a crepe maker, I used about an 8-9″ non-stick pan. Remember, you need a non-stick one. Brush it very lightly with cooking oil and then heat it over medium high heat.
- Grab your 1/4 cup measuring cup and scoop from the batter. Pour in the heated pan, swirling it around the pan until it covers the pan completely. Of course, it would be easier if you have crepe spreaders.
- Cook it for only 2-3 minutes each side until it’s slightly golden brown, and you’re done!
- Now put a crepe on a plate, and fill it up with your favorite fruit fillings. You can even add Nutella in there for good measure. For the photo above, I used peaches with whipped cream.
- You can roll the crepe, or simply fold it in half to make a fan like shape.
- Now drizzle with your favorite toppings such as whipped cream, chocolate or strawberry syrup, or even scoop vanilla ice cream on the side. You can top it with fresh fruits like mixed berries or even melon balls. This tool can help you out. Above, I used Hershey’s chocolate syrup and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Wasn’t that super easy? The batter is pretty similar to a pancake batter except that it’s lighter and thinner. The way you cook it is also similar except that you want to make it very thin and spread it throughout the pan. I like to give the pan a lot of swirl to make sure the batter is thin and even. But really, spreaders would help out achieve that perfect crepe! I’ve included some tools below to make the best crepes! Hope you enjoyed this fruit crepe recipe!