This Lemon Bar Recipe shop post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PourMoreFun #CollectiveBias
How are you my dear friends? How was your weekend? If you follow me on social media, then you probably saw me talking about the new Country Time Lemonade Starter beverage mix, as well as the demo happening at Walmart stores across the country. I also hinted that I’m baking something with it. So today, I am sharing with you my lemon bar recipe with the Classic Lemonade flavor!
Of course, that didn’t stop me from grabbing the Berry Lemonade and Half Lemonade & Half Iced Tea flavors at Walmart as well. I am a huge iced tea and lemonade fan. So these affordable beverage mixes had to go home with me.
Before I share with you my lemon bar recipe, let me tell you more about the Country Time Lemonade Starter first. This beverage mix is super convenient and easy to make. The only thing you need to do is to add water. This will come in handy for spontaneous parties and picnics too, right? With the convenience, it’s just perfect. You can make it in a pitcher or a glass. Just mix about 1 1/2 tbsp with a glass of cold water and you’ve got a glass of refreshing drink flavored with real lemon juice. The whole bottle makes 6 quartz or 3 pitchers. Oh and did I tell you it’s 50% less sugar than leading regular sodas. We gotta start making better choices, you know. So aside from making lemonades and iced teas, I thought I’d use them in a recipe too. So, whenever you’re ready, here’s my lemon bar recipe.
Let’s get baking!
Lemon Bar Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Country Time Lemonade Starter in Classic Lemonade flavor
- Powdered Sugar for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Colored decorating gel (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the crust: softened butter, white sugar and all-purpose flour.
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan and bake for about 18 minutes or until the crust is firm and golden.
- While the crust is baking in the oven, pour all the ingredients for the filling into your bowl: eggs, sugar, flour, and lemonade, and mix.
- When the crust is done, pour the filling over the baked crust.
- Bake for another 20 minutes and let cool. The lemon bar will firm as they cool.
- Now, you can cut the lemon bar into squares or use cookie cutters for different shapes. If you like to decorate it, you can sprinkle powdered sugar on top or line the edges with colored decorating gel.
Hope you enjoyed this lemon bar recipe. It would be perfect for your next Spring Soiree! Grab them at your local Walmart. They are located in the beverage mix aisle.
Be sure to check out more delicious recipes from Kraft. I’d love to hear which one is your favorite. Happy baking!