This Summer Pasta Recipe shop post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StartSummer and #CollectiveBias
The longing of summer entails copious amounts of party planning. Backyard BBQ, pool parties, picnics by the lake or shore – the plans are endless. Right now, I’m salivating over corn on a stick, watermelon, freshly grilled fajitas, and some light and refreshing summer pasta! So for today, I thought I’d share with you this super easy, done-in-30 minutes, no-meat pasta dish that you can pair with all the grilling summer has in store for you. If you’ve got vegetarian friends, this is perfect to serve at your summer parties. They can eat this, while your non-vegan friends can top it off with the meats you’re grilling. Everybody wins!
Let’s get Cooking!
Summer Pasta Recipe
- 1 package of pasta, either Angel Hair or Spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, or about 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 small pack (about 1 1/2 cup) of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small or 1 medium zucchini, sliced into ribbons (use vegetable peeler to do this)
- 2 small or 1 medium yellow squash, sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 cup crumbled cheese, try goat cheese, feta or even parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
All ingredients are readily available at Walmart and I’m showing you where to find them in store!
- Saute garlic in olive oil for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and yellow squash and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta and mix them all together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top generously with crumbled cheese.
It’s that easy folks! Hope you try out this light and fresh Summer Pasta recipe I made for you. Check the Simple Entertaining Social Hub for more recipe ideas. What other summer dishes do you like to make when warm weather rolls in? Or if you want to request something for a future recipe post, let me know in the comments below.