This #BigGameTreats shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
What do you love to munch on while watching the Big Game? Whatever sports you love to watch with your family and friends, I’m pretty sure they involve some treats or snacks – be it chocolate, candies, popcorn, or chips among others. After all, food makes it more fun to watch, right? So today, I’m sharing with you this SNICKERS® Caramel Popcorn recipe along with other treats you can serve while watching the Big Game!
Let’s get cooking!
SNICKERS Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- A bag of cooked popcorn, preferably plain but buttered popcorn is good too
- 1/2 packed cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half (if you don’t have it, simply pour 1 tbsp melted butter in a 1/4 cup measuring cup and fill the rest with milk, let stand for 5 minutes before using)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 3-4 SNICKERS minis or equivalent, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, mix the sugar, half and half, butter and salt.
- Stir gently and let cook for about 7-10 minutes or enough until the mixture gets thick.
- Pour vanilla and stir for another minute. Turn off the heat.
- Chop the SNICKERS and pour into the saucepan, mixing gently.
- Let it cool while you cook the popcorn. The sauce can be used for about 3-4 bags of popcorn. So if you are only making 1 bag of popcorn, you can keep the rest of the sauce in a jar, refrigerated for about 2-3 weeks.
- Now cook popcorn according to instructions.
- Pop open the bag of popcorn and transfer in a mixing bowl.
- Pour about 3-5 tablespoons of the sauce and mix until the popcorn is fully coated with the SNICKERS caramel sauce. You can add more sauce if you like.
- Pour popcorn in a tray or rectangular pan and bake for about 3-5 minutes. This step is done to ensure the popcorn gets back it’s crunch after pouring in the sauce. If you are making the popcorn early in the day, you can skip this step and do it later a few minutes before serving.
I got all of my ingredients at Walmart, where you can also buy these SNICKERS and Wrigley candies that I’m using for my Treats tray that I’ll be showing you later on.
So now that we’re done with our recipe, why not make a Treats Tray for your Big Game party? I’ll show you how to make it fancy and stylish in a few easy ways.
- Simply place the SNICKERS Caramel popcorn in paper cones. I used a candle holder to hold the paper cones with popcorn.
- Then, I put our favorite candies in cupcake liners. What are your favorite candies? My family loves Life Savers®, Skittles®, and Starburst®. I used a cake stand to hold the candies in cupcake liners.
- Finally, I put all the #BigGameTreats with some napkins, on top of a rolling cart that I made. Set it beside the TV or serve as your coffee table for the day and enjoy the Big Game!
Always remember to dine in style. Hope you enjoy this SNICKERS Caramel Popcorn Recipe and I hope you share with me other treats and recipes you’re planning to make for the Big Game.