This Grilled Chicken Onion Rings Asian Salad Recipe shop post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringIntoFlavor #CollectiveBias
Now that warmer weather is here, I find myself craving for light and fresh recipes. One of my favorite salads to make is this Asian salad with hints of sesame, mandarin slices and crunchy noodles. But this time around, I thought I’d make this Asian salad recipe extra special with fresh and all-natural ingredients. Instead of opting for canned mandarin, I went with a fresh one. Instead of using bottled Asian salad dressing, I made one from scratch. And finally, instead of using canned crunchy rice noodles for the topping, I’m switching it up to this crunchy Alexia Onion Rings made of all-natural ingredients. Let’s get fancy!
You know I’ve always been a fan of all-natural Alexia products as I’ve featured them before. Not only are they delicious, they are easy and convenient to prepare too! Just lay them flat on a baking tray and pop in the oven. It’s perfect for those busy days, or for when you have guests coming over for game viewing or movie night. You can mingle with your guests freely because you don’t really need to do the cooking. Like I said, all you have to do is pop them in the oven.
The Alexia Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt is my current favorite. But I’m also eager to try the Alexia Spicy Sweet Potato Fries and their latest flavor, Rosemary and Sea Salt Fries. But aside from their sweet potato fries, I was pretty impressed with their onion rings. It’s made of high quality and all-natural ingredients, not to mention really crunchy and tasty. It’s going to be a staple in our home now. That’s why I thought it would be perfect for my Asian salad recipe. Let’s get cooking!
Grilled Chicken Onion Rings Asian Salad Recipe
- A mix of greens of your choice – I like to use lettuce, kale and spinach
- Carrots, thinly sliced into strips
- Mandarin slices
- Grilled chicken slices – left over grilled chicken pieces are perfect for salads
- Asian Sesame Salad Dressing – stir all ingredients, cover and chill until ready to use:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Chia seeds, optional
- Alexia Onion Rings – available at Walmart, find them in the frozen vegetables and potatoes aisle
- Preheat your oven to bake the Alexia Onion Rings. Follow instructions in the packaging.
- While the onion rings are cooking, prepare the Asian sesame salad dressing. Simply mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and transfer to a jar, bottle or gravy boat. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prepare your green leafy vegetables and carrots – cut, rinse and dry. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Open and slice your mandarin oranges to bite size pieces. Sprinkle on top of your vegetables.
- Warm up your left over grilled chicken pieces in the microwave or in a pan and then spread on top of the vegetables.
- If you are using chia seeds, sprinkle on top of your salad. This is totally optional. I just love to put chia seeds on almost everything I eat for added fiber, antioxidants, protein and Omega-3.
- Now take your salad dressing and drizzle on top of your salad.
- Once your onion rings are ready, put it on top of the salad and enjoy!
Hope you love this Grilled Chicken Onion Rings Asian Salad recipe. For more delicious recipes using Alexia Foods, check out their Pinterest page. You can also visit their Facebook page to find out about new varieties and promotions.